Making pasta sauce is an art – but not too difficult! I love white sauce. If I have to pick – it is ALWAYS white sauce over tomato. There is a creamy quality to white sauce that is hard to get with tomato. Today I am sharing my recipe for a nutty garlicky white sauce that goes great with your pasta. The oat milk brings another level of flavor.
Cook time for sauce: 15 minutes. Pasta boil time: 3-5 minutes
- 1/2 box of pasta ( 8oz)
- 1 cup of Take Two Unsweetened Oat Milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nutritional Yeast
- The sauce is something you need to whisk together to avoid lumps. Make sure you have all the ingredients ready to go because this sauce is fast. Start on medium heat with olive oil and butter. Make sure you are stirring this the whole time. Start next step when butter is fully melted. Boil water for pasta and cook pasta same time as sauce.
- Add in onion powder, nutritional yeast, and garlic and stir into olive oil and butter – cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and slowly stir in flour each tablespoon at a time until there are no lumps.
- Serve the sauce immediately. Pasta should be ready! The picture below has campari tomatoes and green onions as garnish.