This weekend we went for our usually Saturday morning bike ride. The day is clear and sunny but not to hot. Everyone was out! Even the deer. We saw a huge stag hanging out at the bike route. It’s amazing how the wildlife and people are learning to live together in Colorado. Since we moved to CO, we have been acclimating to the altitude. Today we were able to go just under 4 miles. Which was a new best for us. Afterwards we were STARVING. Our breakfast recipe is below.
Started with eggs. The key to making them savory and silky is to add some sour cream. Milk will do but its not as rich tasting.
Recipe Serves 4:
4 large eggs
1/2 green pepper
1 tablespoon onion
1/2 small tomato
2 tablespoons olive oil
Dash of Herbes de Provence
Dash of Garlic Basil Sea Salt
1) Cut all the veggies and set aside. Crack 4 eggs in a bowl and whisk.
2) Add 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Whisk into eggs.
3) Warm up pan and add olive oil. Let is spread all around the pan so the eggs do no burn.
4) Once you have spread the oil add green pepper, onion, herbs de provence, and garlic basil sea salt. Sautee for 2 minutes at high heat.
5) Add whisked eggs and tomatoes. Lower heat to medium. Continuous stirring for 3 minutes.
6) Cut heat and let the eggs set for 30 seconds. They get fluffy from the stirring and need to set afterward.
7) To make this extra filling – we toasted some english muffins and added some MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties. Pictured below!