Crunchwrap supreme homemade version! I always order my crunch wrap supreme with no meat, light on sour cream, and light on nacho cheese, and of course heavy on lettuce. Why not create my own?
Replaced nacho cheese with sliced pepper jack, Light sour cream for regular ( and 1/3 the amount), and replaced beef with @beyondmeat.
Recipe serves 4:
~4 Large flour tortillas (the largest size you can find)
~4 Tostada shells
~Half cut head of lettuce
~1 medium diced tomato ~1 medium diced onion
~1 can of vegetarian refried beans (can use black beans if that is your preference)
~Light sour cream
~Shredded pepper jack cheese (slice is also ok and pretty easy)
~ Taco Bell hot sauce
~ Optional: jalapenos
Steps to assemble and cook
1) Toast the tostada in the over/toaster oven to make it crunchy.
2) Lay the large flour tortilla down on a plate. Add 1 tablespoon of beans, 1/2 table spoon of sour cream, generous sprinkling of tomato and onion.
3) Add toasted tostada on top
4) Then on top of the tostada that is in the flour tortilla add lettuce and pepper jack cheese. Add jalapenos
5) Wrap flour tortilla around all the ingredients
6) Heat up pan on over – add 1 tablespoon of oil of your choice.
7) Wrapped side up with flat side up in pan. Cook until you see burn marks. You want to cook the wrap side first so the cheese helps it close. Press down to make sure the tortilla folds.
8) Then flip and cook until burn marks on other side.
The trick is folding & flipping quickly.