This one is going to keep you warm all winter. It has beans and corn that always fill my belly when I also want something light. I like to do weekend meal prep with soups in the winter. Such a satisfying meal that can easily made in bulk and on a budget. What do you generally do for meal prep?
When I am meal planning – I feel like I am winning. I take the time to think through the following: 1) What do I need to buy from the grocery store. No aimless looking around the aisles thinking “What should I cook?” 2) I am taking the time to plan out my dietary/nutrition goals. Its delightful to make vegan dishes as of late but no matter your diet, balance is key! Very little time to write out recipes and examine what you are creating helps plan out “Am I getting the right nutrients?” 3) It does save a lot of time during the week. It’s already done!
My Black Bean & Corn Chowder recipe below:
- 2-3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kashmiri red chili
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I recommend Mooala original Keto Mlyk
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps for preparation:
- You can start with a 4 quart pot – add the oil and chopped onions and start sautee. Once they start to turn translucent add the tomato paste, diced tomato, garlic, ginger, cumin, kashmiri red chili, turmeric, and taco seasoning. Keeping mixing at medium heat until fragrant and it starts to turn a little brown.
- I used black beans and corn from a can so it was precooked. Add them at this time as well as the veggie broth. Make sure you simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add the non-dairy milk and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy your black bean and corn chowder!
Check out my other soup recipes!