This recipe is a new fusion dish that I am so excited to share with all of you. There is just something so cozy about hot cheese dip. So many gatherings revolve around dips and sharing them. Feel free to share this one with your friends.
The best kind of cheese for a dip is cheddar – an aged cheddar. I like this dip with white cheddar but regular cheddar is fine too. It is stringy and can stay liquid form for a longer time than other cheeses. Keep the mozz for pizza!
What is chaat? It is a spicy, tangy, sweet, and salty spice mix that is put on a lot of street food in India. Good for vegetarian, meat, dairy, vegan, and drinks!
This recipe is a mix of some of my favorite flavors – cheese and chaat.
1 1/2 cup of white cheddar
1/4 cup of diced red onions
2 teaspoon of diced cilantro
8 oz bag of tortilla chips
1 – 2 chopped thai green chili
Instructions for cooking and assembly:
- Take a skillet and put it on low heat. Add a tablespoon of oil – heat until it has covered the entire pan.
- Add both cheeses and let it melt. Once the cheese starts getting runny slowly mix in all of the cream.
- As you are stirring add the chaat masala.
- Once the cream and cheese mixed and bubbling transfer to the serving dish
- Garnish with onion, tomato, cilantro, (chili if you choose to eat) and sev
- Eat with tortilla chips. Enjoy