So excited to share this one…it is a family favorite. My dad had this dip at a work function in the 90s and bugged the nurse who made it to give him the recipe. It is so well known in our house and to our family friends that we just call it “DIP”. What makes it so good? For me, I love a scoopable creamy dip . It incorporates two well known American cheeses and everyone’s favorite: tortilla chips. So easy to prep and assemble no wonder my dad makes it all the time. I decided to name it “Cleveland” because I have only ever had this dip in my hometown.
So many people have asked me for this recipe – here you are! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
- 8 oz box of cream cheese
- 8 oz of sour cream
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro diced
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 cup of blended taco cheese
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream till it is creamy and minimal to no lumps. If you have a cold block of cream cheese put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it. Spread the mixture thinly over a platter. Video below will quickly show you!
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients onto the platter but keep the taco seasoning for last. Do not mix.
- Ready to serve after 30 minutes of chill time. When serving accompany with tortilla chips.
Tips for low fat Version:
- Use only 4 oz of cream cheese and sour cream
- Use low fat/ reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream
- Instead of chips use carrots, celery, and/or green pepper slices
- Leftover dip is great as a quesadilla filling
- Spreadable on bagels
- Great in chili
2 responses to “Cleveland Taco Dip”