Some days you want dinner to be easy – leftovers or takeout, right? Well there is a third option – easy semi-homemade. I feel like this category of meals is underserved at times. My suggestion is to revive this trend because its cheaper then takeout and more exciting than leftovers.
Cook time for flatbread 5-10 mins Preparation 10 minutes
- 1 round flatbread pita of your choice
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of hummus (or more if you really like it)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fo chopped green peppers
- 6-8 chopped olives
- 1 tablespoon of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of feta
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- pinch teaspoon of chili chipotle seasoning
- pinch of red crushed pepper
Cooking and Assembly:
- Take a pan and put on medium heat – place pita and flip every 30 seconds until both sides are warm. You should be able to touch them so don’t let it get too hot. 🙂
- While the pita is getting warm, mix together onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, marjoram, chipotle seasoning, and crushed pepper.
- Spread the two tablespoons of hummus, then sprinkle both cheeses, add the onions, peppers, olives and tomatoes.
- Let the mozzarella cheese melt. Once it is melted sprinkle the spice mix on top of the pita.
- Drizzle the olive oil next and you are done!
4 responses to “Mediterranean Flatbread”
This looks good 👍
Thank you! I could eat it everyday! 😀
Oh now that looks delicious I must try 🙂
Let me know if you do 🙂