From time to time I will feature some friends recipes here to change up my blog. Sometimes you end up using the same ingredients, techniques, and flavor combinations without even realizing it. Getting a friend’s perspective always helps, right?
Below is my foodie friend Brigid’s also known on Instagram as bostonbabbler Slutty Brownies recipe. Let me know what you think and give my girl a follow! 🙂
These are perfect for game day because you can easily decorate with your team’s colors. If you’re in a time crunch, use store-bought dough and brownie mix; these taste amazing no matter what!
You’ll need the following equipment and preplanning:
- Baking pan (9×13 or 9×9, depending on how thick you want them)Cookie dough (recipe below)Oreos (regular, double stuff, flavors with a cream that matches your team colors…endless possibilities!)Brownie batter (recipe below)Candy in your team’s colors (sprinkles, M&Ms)
Cookie Dough batter:
- 4oz butter (1 stick)
- 7oz Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6.5oz All purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8oz chocolate chips-
For cookie dough: Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla, scraping bowl well. Add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- 5.25oz butter (9 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder1/2 cup M&Ms (optional)
- For brownie batter: In a different bowl, melt butter; allow to cool and whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients (especially cocoa powder) and add to wet. Fold wet into dry, but don’t overmix. Add M&Ms (if desired) and mix combined.
- Assembling the brownies:Preheat your oven to 350 FSpray/grease your baking panPress the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan
- Evenly space Oreos in single layer on top of cookie dough
- Pour brownie batter on top of Oreos and spread over cookiesTop with sprinkles/M&Ms (optional) Bake 35(ish) minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean, or the top looks set. Allow to cool completely for the nicest cut.
One response to “Guest Spot – Amazing Brownie Recipe”
[…] noshing! Not only a great cook but the wittiest foodie I know that is so genuine and friendly. Her Slutty Brownies are sure to hit your sweet tooth during Half […]