One of my favorite plant based dishes – it is great hot or cold! Not many dishes can taste great that way. This one is my go to when I want something delicious but with little effort.
“What the heck is yuba?” you might ask. It’s the nutrient-dense layer of cream we lift off heated soy milk and turn into a nutty, protein-packed dream of a “noodle.” – Hodo I discovered these at Whole Foods Market in New York City a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. Definitely give them a try.
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1 box of Spicy Yuba Noodles by Hodo
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese hot chili oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro for garnish
- Mix Chinese hot chili oil, peanut butter, miso paste, lime juice, and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a a medium cooking pan – heat the oil. Add the noodles – the entire package and then fold in the sauce. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the sauce is absorbed into the noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Tip – If you have leftovers you can eat the next day cold. Tastes great!