This is definitely a Colorado recipe! Hatch chilis are all the rage. It’s part of the mountain culture!
I first tried this sauce on fries. It was a disco fry that has no match in the East. This sauce is now become a staple in my household. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Let me know if you try it by dropping a comment.
Ingredients & Prep
- 15-25 Hatch Chilis
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 2 cups water or veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons any cooking oil
- Chop the hatch chilis and roast – usually 20 minutes on 400 should do it. But definitely cook to your desired roast.
- In a medium sauce pan add onions and oil. When onions are almost translucent add all the spice. Mix until translucent.
- While the onions are cooking make sure the chilis are cool to touch. Add in after onions are cooked.
- Then right after add the stock or water for bouillon cube