Amazing Fudge Cake! So excited to share this one with all of you. This cake is for anyone with a serious sweet tooth! Turn away now if you don’t like chocolate or sweet cakes. 🙂 I am a huge fan of a chunky chocolate cake that are moist. This is something that can satisfy a craving for the biggest chocolate lover in your life.
The recipe below is flexible to the amount of chocolate you may want to add. The usual is to add small to large chocolate chips – I altered this to add M&Ms. They melt nicely and give you big pockets of fudge. Get your milk ready!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 9 oz bag Fudge M&Ms
- Prior to starting the recipe – preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease AND flour a standard size bundt pan it is important not to let it stick.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the following: flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Try to remove large lumps
- Add butter to a sauce pan and wait till it has melted, then stir in oil, then cocoa powder and lastly water. Bring the mixture just to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Next, Pour hot liquid into flour mixture and stir.
- Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in M&Ms, if using.
- Pour mixture into prepared bundt pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. In my mountain climate it was done at 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, make chocolate sauce.
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips
- While the cake is cooling – you can whip this up very quickly.
- In the same sauce pan that you used for the liquid portion of the cake – dump all of the ingredients together and mix well.
- Pop the cake out of the pan and then drizzle this over. Make sure you have something below to catch the chocolate sauce drippings.
- Add any extra chocolate chips you have for decoration.