This soup is the definition of cozy! It is warm and so very filing but not heavy in calories. What kind of soup do you like when the weather starts getting cold?
I love the taste of a loaded potato and wanted to see how many other ways I could get this taste. It is so fun meal prepping on the weekend to have easy meals on the week days – this is great for when you don’t have a lot of time during the week.
This recipe below gets its flavor from all of the ingredients. As long as you have the veggies you have almost everything.
- ~1 large chopped yellow onion
- ~2 ½ pounds peeled and cubed potatoes
- ~5 cups boiling water
- ~3 cups fresh broccoli, cooked and drained
- ~ 1 cup mushrooms
- ~salt and pepper to taste
- ~3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ~ 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large pot cook the onions in the olive oil. Then add the mushrooms after the onions have softened. Once the mushrooms start releasing water you are done. In a separate pot steam the broccoli (or you can microwave it too)
- Next add the potatoes and water – allow the water to boil then lower the heat. Allow the mixture to cook until potatoes are tender approximately 15 minutes.
- Once the potato has cooked through add the broccoli and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I recommend 1 tablespoon of each). Make sure the cheese is melted and you are done.