This is the easiest recipe to date! I came up with the idea because I had some leftover tofu and was not sure what to do with it. My husband and I really love to eat a variety of cuisines and it has been some time since we had some Mediterranean seasonings. I love making pita sandwiches and filling them with feta cheese. We didn’t have any and wanted to use what I had in the fridge. Starting thinking – could I make a “fake” cheese from the tofu? I had all the seasonings, parsley, oregano, and thyme. Yes, let’s try it. Here is my experiment gone right. (sometimes my experiments fail! It is part of the process)
Recipe serves 4:
~ Block of 14 oz extra firm tofu sliced 1 inch thick. You can usually get 3 cuts across the block.
~ 1 tablespoon of parsley
~ 1 tablespoon of thyme
~ 1 tablespoon of oregano
~ 1 tablespoon of salt
~3 tablespoons of olive oil
Steps to assemble:
1) Since the tofu is square – I put it in a square tupperware to use for later.
2) Each block (you should have 3 if you use a whole block of tofu) should be in its own container because it needs to marinate
3) Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of the tupperware
4) Place tofu on top of the oil
5) Mix all of the herbs (parsley, thyme, and oregano in a separate container) and salt.
6) Pour the other two tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the tofu. Cover it all so the herbs and salt can stick.
7)Spread the mixture evenly over the tofu
8) Let marinade for 24 hours